Meet Dr. Greenberg
Joshua M. Greenberg, DMD
Dr. Joshua Greenberg has been practicing dentistry and periodontics since 1977 and he plans on continuing to practice for a good many years more. “I am glad I became a dentist,” says Dr. Greenberg, “I have been able to help patients have better health and lives.”
Throughout his career, Dr. Greenberg has stayed at the cutting edge of periodontics. He has avidly participated in advanced education to learn the latest information and techniques. He believes that it is important to change to move forward, and is always adding new technology to the practice.
“Today’s technology helps me implement the best possible care and solutions for the patient,” says Dr. Greenberg.
He is especially known for his accurate diagnoses and problem-solving of even the most difficult cases. He has taught for the departments of periodontics of several dental schools.
Friendly, attentive care
Dr. Greenberg is known by his patients for his friendly, kind care. He takes the time to explain procedures in detail beforehand, answering any questions. Patients report that Dr. Greenberg puts them at ease and inspires confidence.
In 2015 Dr. Greenberg was named a Select Dentist in the periodontist category in an independent survey conducted with dentists in the Harrisburg area.
In 2015 he was also named one of America’s Best Dentists by the National Consumer Advisory Board.
Education and advanced education
Dr. Greenberg graduated from Tufts University School of Dentistry in Boston, then went on to complete his graduate studies in periodontics at Columbia University School of Dental & Oral Surgery in New York.
His extensive advanced education in periodontics and dental implants includes certifications from:
- The American College of Oral Implantology
- University of Pennsylvania
- New York University College of Dentistry
- Nobel Biocare
- Rosenlicht Oral Surgery Center
- Zimmer Dental
- Map Implant Institute
Educator of other dentists
Dr. Greenberg has taught on the faculty of Columbia School of Dental and Oral Surgery, Department of Periodontics; Beth Israel Medical Center, Department of Dentistry; and New York University, Department of Periodontics.
Dr. Greenberg has published several papers on periodontics.
Active in the dental community
Dr. Greenberg has taken an active part in the keeping and improving of standards in dentistry and periodontics. Among many other appointments, he has served as the following.
- Fellow of N.Y. Academy of Dentistry
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Periodontics New York University
- Program Chairman Harrisburg Area Dental Society
- Chairman Legislative Committee First District Dental Society (New York County Dental Society)
- President Harrisburg Dental Society
- Pennsylvania House Delegate
- President Midtown Dental Society
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Dental Association
- Dental Society State of New York
- First District Dental Society
- Delegate to the Pennsylvania Dental Association
- Pennsylvania Society of Periodontists
- Harrisburg Area Dental Society
- Midtown Dental Society
- Academy of International Dental Studies
- New York Academy of Dentistry
To make an appointment, call (717) 775-7576 or click here to request an appointment online.